Annexation: The Israeli government is divided. The White House is indecisive. Opposition at home and abroad is mounting. Now, Israeli officials are signalling that an announcement regarding the planned annexation could be made “in the coming weeks or months.”
COVID-19: With infection rates surging across Israel and the Palestinian Authority, the Knesset authorized the Shin Bet to use phone surveillance measures to track potential virus carriers. In the past day, Israel reported 905 new cases.
Crippled by the pandemic, El Al, Israel’s national airline, cancelled all passenger and cargo flights , and ordered all aircraft to return home.
Antisemitism Watch: Police are investigating after a swastika was drawn on a home and a bench in a Jewish community in northwest Baltimore.
Black Lives Matter Oxford has been accused of antisemitism after using an image of a controversial mural to illustrate a Facebook event.
- I’m an Israeli settler. American Jews are debating my future, but here’s what they don’t understand (Rabbi Uri Pilichowski)
- Will El Al survive coronavirus? (Dov Lipman)
- In American eyes, annexation is like playing with fire (Natan Sachs)
- Israel annexing the West Bank isn’t the disaster for peace everyone says it is (Shmuel Rosner)
- Netanyahu needs to slice the annexation salami (Walter Russell Mead)
- The purpose of journalism: what do we need it for (Pesach Benson)